Keto supplements are becoming a lot more popular as people become more conscious of their health. Even Ketogenic Diets have become more conventional. Ketogenic Diets are diets that are low in carbs (carbohydrate) but high in fat. There have been tremendous health benefits in settling for Ketogenic Diets. The benefits include weight loss, mental clarity, a boost in energy, enhanced metabolism, improved digestive system and many more.
As the popularity of Keto Diets surge, the number of Keto supplements available to consumers has also risen. Some of the available Keto supplements are known as Exogenous Ketones. You have read many Exogenous Ketones reviews; this review is devoid of bogus claims.
What are Exogenous Ketones?
Exogenous Ketones are man-made ketones that are made for the purpose of regulating appetite, increase energy, boost mental alertness, improve metabolism and reduce weight. The use of ketones rather than glucose has shown great benefits.
However, taking poor quality ketones can have adverse effects on your health. Poor quality exogenous ketones can actually cause more harm than good.
The poor quality supplement can lead to constipation, increased cholesterol and triglycerides in men. It could make women have a disruptive menstrual cycle. This is why it is important to choose the right supplement that will give the desired. Keto supplements are not some get-slim-quick solutions. It does not perform magic. Depending on individuals, it usually takes some time before you start to see the positive effects of using an exogenous ketone. It is recommended that you see a doctor before using any keto supplements.
Understanding the basics
Exogenous Ketones are actually molecules that are produced in the liver from fats. Ketones are used up in the form of energy in the absence of glucose.
In our average diet, glucose is used as the main form of energy but when there is a reduction in the amount of glucose in the body, Exogenous Ketones research shows that the body will naturally switch to fat as a form of energy.
You must have heard about the word “ketosis”. It is a process where the body converts fats to ketones for the purpose of energy.
Most of the Exogenous Ketones supplements are salt-based. This helps for easier absorption by the body. The salt-based ketone supplement can be made with sodium, magnesium or calcium.
The claimed benefits of using exogenous ketones
• It helps to burn fat in order to achieve weight loss
• It helps to maximize cognition by improving mental clarity or focus
• It helps to increase energy levels
• It boosts metabolism and digestion
• It helps in the stabilization of one’s mood
• It enhances athletic performance
• It assists in the suppression of appetite; thereby helping to curb overeating
• It helps to reduce inflammation
• It helps you to sleep better
• It gets you back to ketosis after consuming carbohydrate
Types of Exogenous Ketones
There are two major types of Exogenous Ketones. They are Ketone Salts and Ketone Esters. Let’s compare the two.
Ketone Salts Vs Ketone Esters
Ketone Esters are not commercially available like the Ketone Salts. Ketone Esters are usually used for the purpose of research. The only ingredient used in producing Ketone Esters is Beta-hydroxybutyrate. Nothing else is mixed with it. While Ketone salts are the common forms of exogenous ketones. They are highly commercialized. This kind of exogenous ketones consists of Beta-hydroxybutyrate and other forms of ingredients. This usually contains some additives that help it to taste well.
Do Exogenous Ketones work?
Answering this question appropriately will largely depend on the choice that you make. It is important to be extra careful when choosing a Keto Supplement. It makes sense to look at the list of ingredients used in making the supplements before deciding to purchase one. These supplements are expensive. So, making a good choice must be with utmost caution.
Exogenous Ketones Side Effects
There have been some side effects that have been noted in some keto supplements. Some of these side effects are nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and others. Some have experienced these side effects while others did not experience any side effects. The side effects may depend on the type of supplement. Side effects also vary from one individual to another.
Do I need a Ketogenic supplement?
This is an important question. You don’t need a ketogenic supplement if you already experience Ketosis naturally. What you may need is multivitamins just to be certain that you are getting the right vitamins that your body needs. But if you are finding it difficult to stick to keto diets; you have to go for ketogenic supplements. Keto supplement is for those struggling with getting their body into the state of ketosis.
Advantages of Exogenous Ketones
There are many advantages of using ketogenic supplements. Some of the advantages are:
1. Helps in weight loss – Many people are still of the erroneous belief that exogenous ketones are a weight-loss supplement. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Most Keto Supplement companies advertise these supplements as weight-loss supplements but weight loss is a complex thing. The ketogenic supplement does not immediately melt away the fats accumulated over the years because it is a magical supplement. The supplement helps to suppress appetite which may discourage the gaining of extra weight.
2. Performance booster – Exogenous Ketones help to boost performance. Athletes need energy. They usually make use of ketogenic supplements in order to derive the type of energy required for training and competition. This kind of energy is not sustainable with traditional glucose-sourced energy. For consistent energy, athletes tend to take exogenous supplements.
3. Cognitive benefits – Using exogenous ketones help in providing cognitive benefits. The brain makes use of most of the energy produced by the body. This type of energy is usually from glucose. When there is a reduction in glucose, ketones kick in to provide about 70% of the energy required.
Where to buy exogenous ketones?
Exogenous Ketones are usually sold online. To purchase one, you will have to go to the manufacturer’s website and make your order by filling the online form.
Exogenous Ketones have become a powerful alternative to glucose-derived energy. With exogenous ketones, there is no need to struggle before being in the state of ketosis. Ketogenic supplements have made it easy for you to derive energy in a more natural way with supplements that are made from natural ingredients. Make the right choice by going for exogenous ketones and improve your health.